WordPress Guest Post Plugin
WordPress Guest Post Plugin
Accepting guest posts on your blog is a fantastic way to offer a steady stream of content to your readers that you don’t have to generate, which gives you more time to work on other things in your business, like attracting new clients and customers. The problem is that receiving guest posts via email is extremely undependable and inconvenient. I hate copy and pasting articles into my WordPress blog and having to re-format the entire thing. It’s tedious and time consuming.
The WordPress Guest Post Plugin is a really simple and streamlined plugin that allows blog owners to accept guest posts without authors having to login to the WordPress admin area. Contributors enter and submit their articles right into a form hosted on a WordPress page. Blog owners and contributors both receive a fully customizable automated submission notification online and email. Blog owners can easily edit, approve, and publish article submissions from admin area.
NOTE: Just so we’re clear, this plugin is still in beta and is a work in progress. While you can download it, there are absolutely no guarantees and you should back up your blog before you use it. If you find any bugs or problems with your installation, please use the support form below to notify me.
Installation Is Easy!
1. Upload the unzipped WordPress Guest Post files (the WordPress Guest Post Folder) to the plugins directory or using your favorite FTP client.
2. Make sure to set your plugin folder’s permissions as writable. Example: 777
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Go to the settings page to customize your settings
5. Using the dropdown box, select the page where you want to host your submission form. My suggestion is to actually create a new page for your form. I titled mine Add Post. (see image below)
6. You can optionally modify the other settings including customizing your post submission and post approval messages.
7. To review, edit, and publish your post submissions – just click on “WordPress Guest Post” in the plugin’s admin area and you’ll see a list of your post submissions.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do users add their guest posts on my site?
Once you upload and activate the plugin, then select the page on your site where you want to host the submission form, you will send visitors to this page like you would any other page on your site. Typically through a normal url link: http://yoursite.com/submissions
2. Where are my unapproved guest post submissions?
Click the WordPress Guest Post link in your WordPress Admin sidebar. You will be directed to a list of unapproved posts. Once you approve the post, it will allow you to edit the post. It is NOT live yet. After you’ve edited the post, you can then approve it for publishing to your blog.
3. The Captcha isn’t working on my site
The captcha feature wasn’t loading on some websites and version 2.7 of the plugin should address this. If you are having a “permissions” error in regards to the captcha, then you need to make sure that your upload folder is writable, so that the security image can be created and put in that folder, if it’s not writable then there is no way the image can appear.
4. I don’t have enough “permissions” to approve posts
Please make sure that you have deleted previous versions of this plugin and are using version 2.7. Also, make sure that you are logged in as the administrator of your blog and the the permissions for your plugin folder are set at 777.
Support WordPress Guest Post
If you like this plugin and want to support the cost of continued updates, check out my donations and support page!
1.0 Beta Version
1.2 Bugs Fixed
1.5 Permissions Bug Fixed
2.5 Bug Fixed
2.6 Captcha Bug Fixed
2.7 Permissions Bug Fixed
1.2 – fixed theme compatibility issues, fixed issue of posts disappearing after install, added page selection option, added captcha feature
1.5 – fixed permissions issue
2.5 – fixed permissions issue
2.6 – fixed Captcha image not loading properly
2.7 – fixed coding to address permission issues for approving posts
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Amazon Lifts Payment Threshold Amount For EFT Users - January 22, 2014
- How To Convert & Share Your HTML Articles Via PDF Format - December 6, 2013
- How To Write A Book Review - November 25, 2013