When considering article submission, there are several methods for submitting your articles to article directories.
1. Manual Submission – submitting them yourself
2. Submission Service – paying an article submission service to publish your articles to many different directories
3. Submission Software – using a software product to submit your article to different directories
The problem with any and all of these article submission options is that without spending a tremendous amount of time on research, you never really know what kinds of directories your articles are being submitted to and whether it is worth your time and effort to submit them there.
I’m sure you’ve read countless ads for software submission software or services that promise you hundreds and hundreds of backlinks from submitting your article, but this is something that they don’t tell you…
1. They often submit your articles to non-working directories. So they articles may be submitted but are never checked, reviewed, and accepted because no one is home!
2. They submit your articles to lots of third party blogs that they have set up to create the illusion of having submitted your article to hundreds of places. Now of course they do submit your articles to these blogs – but the problem is, is that they virtually have no traffic or any page rank, so again what’s the point?
3. You may pay an article submission service and find out later that your article doesn’t fit many of the “niche” directories on their list – so your article may actually only be submitted to a few directories. Ones that you probably could have submitted to on your own for free..
4. Which leads me to my next point, there are hundreds of niche directories on their lists so don’t believe that your article will be submitted to hundreds and hundreds of sites – that’s just not true. Or if they do submit it to those directories – you have to question the quality and integrity of that article directory.
So what should you do to know if you are truly submitting your articles to the right places? Well, it’s pretty simple.
1. Manually submit your articles to directories that you know have a decent page rank, traffic stats, and are active. Where many articles are published everyday. What this means is that you won’t be submitting to hundreds of directories, because honestly there aren’t that many out there that are that good.
Directories to start with: EzineArticles.com, IdeaMarketers.com, Isnare.com, (You can get my exclusive list of trusted and high-ranked article directories that I submit to when you join Articology.)
2. If you want to use a article submission service (and I have tried many although I prefer manual submission) there are only a few I would recommend: Submit Your Article & Unique Article Wizard. Now while these services aren’t perfect — they are affordable services that publish unique versions of your articles to many high quality directories or ezine publications.
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015