Q: How do I import posts from my old Blogger blog to my self-hosted WordPress blog?
A: It’s much simpler than you can imagine. Assuming you have already installed and set up WordPress in the root directory of your site, just follow these few steps…
1. Back up your Blogger blog. Most likely, your Blogger is set up to archive the entire contents of your blog by default – but double check just in case something goes wrong during the import process.
2. Login into your WordPress account.
3. Go to Import. Click on Blogger – “Import posts and comments from a Blogger account”.
4. Fill in your Blogger username and password.
5. You will see a list of all your Blogger blogs.
6. Click on the blog you want to move to WordPress.
7. Now the import process will start automatically. It’s very quick, but depends upon the size of your blog.
8. Like many applications out there, it may seem as if nothing is going on but take heed – it is! So do not stop, reload or restart the import.
9. When it is finished importing, it will tell you it is done and that you can ‘Move on”.
10. Check to see that all posts have been imported into your WordPress blog.
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015