Want to start off the another year of your business with a bang? Then get working on the things that will make your site famous.
1. Build a blog. The best thing that I ever did for my flagship site (GirlShrink) was to build a blog (AskGirlShrink) for it. The blog funnels new and fresh traffic to the site, because of the regularly added content. While blogs were optional a few year ago – I would say they are mandatory now.
Educational resources: Problogger, Johnchow, Build a Better Blog
2. Write Articles. Buy any internet marketing guru’s product promising you a bigger list or more traffic and they will all have writing articles or creating content as one of the most important things you can do generate qualified traffic to your site.
Educational Resources: BoostIncomeArticles, Ezinearticles
3. Create a product. While many of you may be building sites and blogs in order to promote affiliate products, think about putting that same amount of energy into creating and promoting your own product where you get to keep 100% of the profits! While also establishing yourself as an expert at whatever it is you do.
Educational resources: Infoproductdashboard, Infoproductguy, DanKennedy
4. Get Networking. In it’s infancy, networking sites were for teenagers and others starting a new band! Now, entrepreneurs have tons of social networking tools and sites at their fingertips that there is no exuse for no one to have ever heard of you. You just need to hit the right sites for your niche – and you could really hit a goldmine of free traffic! Start with sites like MySpace, Facebook, and Yahoo’s Mash. And get started promoting your blog articles with tools such as technorati, digg, stumbleupon, and newsvine.
Educational Resources: FridayTrafficReport,Â InstigatorBlog
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015