I never really thought about if there was an optimal time to publish my blog posts and articles, I was always more concerned about publishing “enough” content. But now that I am pretty much on a writing schedule, I can concentrate on tweaking other aspects of my writing. One being learning when the optimum time is to publish my articles. Want to figure it out too?
About a year back, I learned from a blogging coach that it would be a wise SEO move if I published my articles at a certain time of day – everyday. She was right. I’ve seen the results. More organic search traffic to my sites. There are several reasons for this:
1. You will teach the search engines to spider your website at the same time everyday. This ensures that your content is indexed and up on the web on a regular basis. Therefore when people conduct online searches using your keywords, your content will show in the results, and people will visit your blog.
2. You can build a large and loyal following of readers when they learn to expect content at the same time everyday from you. These are the types of visitors that tweet your articles, bookmark them, etc. They spread your message for you and attract even more traffic to your work.
3. You will train yourself to write consistently, which will increase your productivity. Giving your community of readers and the search engines a reason to visit your blog everyday is enough incentive for me to make sure that I follow through. While there are those days when I might not get any content written, it’s okay. You can boost your article productivity when you take my article marketing course for beginners.
4. You can catch the wave when your audience typically goes online. This is different for every niche, but the point is to get an idea of when your readers are generally online. Do your members have regular 9 to 5 jobs and are online after rush hour? Say 7pm or 8pm? Are your members WAHMs who go online when their children are down for their first nap? Perhaps 10 or 11am? Whatever that time may be for you, it’s a good idea to publish your articles about an hour before that time. That way your articles are in their Twitter stream, etc. AND your articles will be up online when they go and visit your site for the day.
Q: So what time should you publish your blog posts?
A: Everyday at the same time, preferably a little while before the readers in your niche are online.
Remember that you can write as many articles as you want and schedule them to publish whatever day AND time you want. Below is an example of where you edit this in a WordPress blog. Just go to publish immediately and click the edit link. Change the day and time and click “schedule“. I do this often, because I like to spend other days working on other aspects of my business – not just publishing blog articles.
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015