Have you heard about Google’s new [tag-tec]universal search[/tag-tec]? Or better yet, have you noticed that your search results look a little different?
For example, this search on “money” in google gives you results of images of money first – then you see the top few sites. And depending on what topic you search for, google will also return video and news results as well at the top of the page.
So in this new google age of universal search, it is going to be important for you to tweak a few things on your websites and blogs:
1. Tweak your “alt” tags for your images to included your keywords.
2. Start creating video for your website(s) if you haven’t done so already.
3. When possible and appropriate, get some news related information you have written on your topic or around your website submitted to google news. (*Check the requirements for submission). Or submit news related articles to websites that google visits often for news content.
Lastly – don’t spend a huge effort in doing this – but keep it in mind as you add new content to your site(s). It’s a small SEO effort that will go a long way for future search ranking results that will benefit your business.
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015