“Working from home on your online business, writing articles to market that business, as well as all the other things that you do for your business can be a very solitary and energy draining experience. That’s why it’s so important to surround yourself with people who support your entrepreneurial lifestyle and dream, as well as support the daily activities that go along with that. That’s why I like this article by guest author and mentor, Ali Brown.
One thing I noticed about Ali was that she was very selective about who she surrounded herself with. The people in her “inner” circle. I can see how all these high energy and positive people supported her growth. If you are ready to attract better energy to give your business forward momentum – read this article…”
Guest Author: Ali Brown
“Surround Yourself With Good Energy”
by Ali Brown
Have you ever felt down after chatting with a friend or coworker? You may have felt fine before the conversation, but now, after hearing them complain about the weather, the economy, and a demanding neighbor or mother-in-law, you’re starting to feel kind of cranky yourself, as if their negativity were somehow contagious.
Actually, you can catch a negative (or positive) attitude from the people around you. According to the well-known psychiatrist and energy guru Dr. Judith Orloff, who wrote the bestseller Positive Energy, our bodies are made of flesh and blood, but they’re also composed of energy fields. Negative energy like fear, anger, and hopelessness drags us down and drain our energy, but positive energy, like compassion, courage, and forgiveness, improves our mood and our well-being.
The law of attraction states that people either sense our positive energy and gravitate towards us, or they feel our negative energy and shy away from us. Those around us influence how we feel and can even impact the direction our lives take. Positive people can improve your life, while negative people (also called “energy vampires”) just drag you down.
* “Energy vampires” suck the life out of you. Spending time with people who constantly complain or make negative remarks only makes us feel listless and despondent. These “energy vampires” tell us we’ll never get our business off the ground or that our dreams are unrealistic (possibly because they can’t bear to see others succeed where they have failed). Spend too much time with a complainer and you’ll start to believe what they tell you.
* Positive people energize you. The more time you spend surrounded by positive people, the more you’ll internalize their cheerful, upbeat attitude and start spreading it around. Positive people make your goals seem attainable and give you a boost of energy when you need it. They don’t dwell on small setbacks or waste time complaining about things that are within their power to change. With an open heart, an open mind, and a willingness to try new things, they can handle virtually anything.
While we sometimes have to deal with negative coworkers or relatives, it’s up to us to choose the other people in our lives. Ask yourself how you feel after spending time with someone. Do you feel energized and inspired? Or does lunch with a certain “friend” leave you feeling restless and unfulfilled?
If the latter, then it’s time to develop friendships with people who support your goals and spread positive energy. These people will provide wisdom in times of trouble and inspire you to reach greater heights in moments on self-doubt. Seek our people and organizations that promote action and service to the community, because there is nothing more uplifting than helping others.
As you spend more time with positive people and distance yourself from negative ones, you’ll feel your spirits lift and your goals coming into focus. You, in turn, will become a more positive person – someone others want to spend their time with.
© 2009 Ali International, LLC
Self-made multimillionaire entrepreneur Ali Brown is devoted to creating financial freedom for women globally through the power of entrepreneurship. To learn how to create wealth and live an extraordinary life now, register for her free weekly articles at www.AliBrown.com
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015