I’m about to call you out. Yes you. Have you written an article today? This week? This month? This year?
If you haven’t been writing articles like you should and like you planned, it isn’t because you don’t know how. It isn’t because you don’t have the time. If you aren’t writing at all – there is something else crippling you…
You don’t truly believe that you are an expert at what you do.
There is something that people who really use article marketing and use it well have in common. We all are confident in what we do and what we are writing about.
So ask yourself:
1. Have you created a business that comes from an authentic place?
2. Do you truly know about your service or product or are you faking it?
3. Are you writing about things that you truly have experience in or things that you have detailed knowledge of?
4. If you are writing about a great weight loss method, have you used it? Have you ever even lost weight before?
Now I am not saying that you have to be the resident “Einstein” of your niche, but doesn’t it make more sense to write a lot about things that you know about rather than to write on things that you don’t know anything about.
Could that be why you’re stuck every time you sit down to write a quick blog article? Could that be why it is taking you a week to write an article that should take an hour?
And this is why I know this…
When I was a professional writer, years ago, it would take me weeks to research, write, and edit an article for whatever publication I was writing for. The main reason for this was because I was often writing on topics that I knew nothing about. Now of course, part of being a good journalist is that you can write on anything as long as you are a thorough researcher. BUT the same rules do not apply in article marketing.
Article marketing should be painless and quick.
Research should only be required if you are going to quote statistics or provide a list of resources for your readers, etc. Otherwise, you should know what you are talking about and the words should just spill out your head and onto the computer screen.
It is very easy for me to write articles on article marketing – because I am a writer, I use article marketing exclusively for marketing my sites, and I know what works and what doesn’t.
It is important that in order to get writing effortlessly and regularly that you have chosen a niche that you have acquired a certain amount of knowledge in. An authentic one. And when you have done that – you will be confident. And when you’re confident, the articles will just pour out of you!
I promise you.
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015