If you are reading blogs, reading papers, watching the news or talkshows etc. — everyone is making predictions for the new year aren’t they? Well it’s either predictions or resolutions; but this year I’m not into any of that jazz.
I’ve recently had a serious family illness affect my life and the lives of my children and husband, which truly put things in perspective for me (my mother is very ill). Now as I enter a new year, I want to enter into it with purpose and with an overall mission for the year. I don’t have time to waste any longer. Every minute of my day is precious to me and worth a lot.
So in my business this year, I have decided that I need to have FOCUS for 2009.
2. I’m going to focus on writing more FREE quality content for my subscribers, and getting them the information that they need from me to grow their businesses.
3. While I’m always coming up with new ideas, I’ve decided that I need to focus more on the fundamentals of my business. Writing everyday. Link building. Relationship building.
Think about the things in your business or in your life period that you need to pay special attention to. Things that you need to focus on more, so that you see better results. Life is not promised or guaranteed and neither is a profitable business. While last year all the rage was the “four hour work week”, it’s important that we realize that we need to maximize every minute of those four hours if we are ever going to see any tangible results.
So instead of floundering all over the place, like I have in the past — ready to jump to the next new project, instead I am going to get laser focused. I hope you’ll join me:-)
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015