I work with a marketing coach who encourages his students to comment on other people’s articles (blog articles) 100 times a week. When I first heard this, I was like “Uh – okay. When I am I going to find the time to do that?” I mean there is but so much outsourcing you can do when things have to come from a genuine place. My opinion.
So while I couldn’t commit to a 100, I thought I would at least step up my “commenting” game and when I read an article that I liked – leave a comment. I can’t tell you how often I would read articles that I really truly liked and found some value from, but didn’t take the time to comment on. I would just move on to the next article.
But if you are not leaving comments on people’s blog articles or articles you read over at directories such as at ezinearticles, then you are literally leaving money on the table.
Two days ago, I left a few comments on some articles that I thought were good in my niche. I enjoyed them. So I added a little more value to the conversation by leaving a comment about writing tips etc. — and in a matter of days I got 2 new Articology members, a private coaching client, and several subscribers to my list. Not bad for one hour’s work right?
So when I say that carving out a little time to read articles written by others in your niche or lateral niches, and leaving comments on them is a no-brainer. I mean it! Those were sales I would not have made if I hadn’t bothered to add to the article discussion.
Tip 1 – this is especially effective if the articles you are leaving comments on are “how-to” articles. This mean that the readers are people looking for solutions. Ones that perhaps you can provide.
Tip 2 – you know the rules of commenting right? Don’t just leave a “that’s a great article” comment. That provides no benefit to the writer or the readers. Add something to the points that the article raises. If you can’t seem to add anything useful – then that isn’t the right article for you to comment on and you need to move on to the next.
Tip 3 – isn’t this just great karma? If you leave comments, perhaps others will reciprocate just based on the laws of what goes around comes around — and leave great comments on your articles.
Tip 4 – get started by leaving a comment on this article. How often are you leaving comments on other articles & blog posts?
- Too Many Games, Too Little Time | BOTA INTERNET
- Get Niche Quick!: The Definitive Guide To Marketing Your Business On The Internet | The World Business
- Online Marketing Techniques for Real Estate Agents and Brokers: Insider Secrets You Need to Know to Take Your Business to the Next Level | The World Business
- Advertise Internet Marketing Make Money – Advertising Small Business Internet Marketing Strategies | The World Business
- How To Make Money Online with eBay & Work At Home | Webmaster 9
- The PPC Coach Program Answers Your Affiliate Marketing Questions | ToolsnTricks – The Solutions of your tech problems
- SO MANY RECORDS, SO LITTLE TIME
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015