If you read US Weekly, you will know this feature. The magazine will often ask a celebrity to list 10 things that their fans don’t know about them. Whether I know (or care:) about the celebrity is irrelevant. I just find the information interesting. So here’s my attempt to share 10 things that maybe some of my regular readers don’t know about me, and I’d like to extend this exercise to all of you as a writing challenge.
Write about 10 things that your readers don’t know about you, publish the article listing those items (including any relevant links), and share it with us (link to it) in the comments section below. Here we go…
1. My favorite non-alcoholic drinks are Fiji Water and Pepsi. I started drinking Pepsi when I was pregnant with my first daughter (Autumn) and ginger ale didn’t seem to be putting a dent into my first few weeks of morning sickness.
2. I wrote in a diary everyday from the time I was 7 until the day (around 24 yrs. old) my then boyfriend, now husband, found my diary and read it! After that – I found other ways to channel my inner thoughts and emotions:)
3. I love designer handbags. My mom bought me my first handbag for Easter when I was about 5. I’ve been wearing them ever since. The most bags I have of one particular designer is Louis Vuitton.
4. I am not into shoes. I can wear the same pair of white sneakers for like 10 years. I buy flip-flops in the summer and Uggs in the winter. Bam! I’m done:)
6. I don’t like horror movies. They’re corny!
7. I love urban fantasy, supernatural romance, and science fiction novels. I read a new fiction book weekly.
8. My favorite all-time band is Led Zeppelin.
9. I write my best stuff when I’m singing while I am writing. I like to sing 70’s and 80’s ballads. Right now I’m singing Donny Hathaway.
10. I don’t like to cook. I am a better baker – but I don’t really like sweets:)
Well that’s it for me. Now don’t be shy! Accept the writing challenge and share with us all 10 things about you that we don’t know…