As you learn and master article marketing for your online business, you will start to see really tangible results, ones that will get you all the excited to write more. The equation is simple: More articles = More Traffic.
So how do you effectively write or produce more content without sacrificing a lot of your valuable time? The answer is a trick of the trade many writers use – and that’s using something that I call article chunks.
Definition: Article chunks are paragraphs that are related to the topic of article #1. Ones that can be expanded into additional articles to create a series or set or perhaps more articles on the same topic later down the road.
I’ll use what you’re reading right now to explain further…
When I sat down at the computer to write this piece, I opened a second window on my text editor and wrote several chunks that were related to this one so that I could create a series around it.
This article is about how to produce more content in with less effort and time. My chunks include other types of content (ones that cover other article marketing basics). These chunks include articles on resource boxes, article titles, writers block, article submission etc.
I wrote 1 paragraph on each of those topics. Usually – it’s easier for me to write the intro paragraph as my article chunk, and then I expand it later. You could do this or you could simply jot down a few notes or research facts you have about the a.c. topic. Just get something down that will make sense to you when you go back to expand the chunk into an article.
The reason why I recommend writing article chunks instead of writing an entire series or set in one sitting is because I think that sitting down and writing 3, 4, or 5 good quality articles in one sitting isn’t really a good or realistic idea for the average marketer.
This type of marathon writing can often lead to writer burnout, which is one of the major reasons that many marketers write about 10 articles and then quit (average stats on directory ezinearticles.com). Not a good recipe for success.
You can write your chunks in your favorite text editor or if you post your articles on your own blog first, you can create several drafts of blog posts that contain each of your article chunks.
Once you have published your first original piece, you can take a few days to flesh out and transform your next chunk into another article and so on and so on. Stagger the writing and publishing of the series or if you are feeling strong, turn all of the article chunks into whole articles but make sure to still stagger their publishing or submission.
- A Touching Speech About Appreciation To Her Late Grandmother | Seberang Jaya Toastmasters Club
- ROLL CALL: Tina Fey: I’ve Sent Brad Pitt ‘100 Chunks Of My Hair’
| Gossip Blender US
- Share Search | Article Marketing – Writing Articles For Free Search Engine Traffic Begins With Finding Hot Keywords
- Who’s On Your Kid’s Emergency Contact Card? « Ready In 10 Network
- Salary Negotiation Power Tips | I Want Online Money – Learn How To Earn Money Online
- You can still use div | HTML5 Doctor
- Legal Marketing 101: Make Your Law Firm an Authority; Start a Legal Blog | Press Release Service
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015