Do you remember the first information product you ever purchased? I do. It was a complete set of Tony Robbin’s cassette tapes of Unleash The Power Within home study program. I bought the program when I first graduated undergraduate school and quickly realized how difficult it was going to be to land my first “dream job”. I needed motivation and inspiration. I listened to these tapes in the car on my way to my first job out of school as a spa manager. I honestly feel that they were responsible for me staying on track and finally landing my second job out of school which was for The New York Times. Dream job!
There’s something to be said for continually feeding your mind with positive messages and to always be learning — even on your down time. Especially because of all the negative and nonsensical messages we receive throughout our day via television, radio, and the internet. And then when do find information that you’d love to read — you just don’t have the time. Not to read everything.
That’s why thanks to Pat Flynn of Smart Passive Income, I’ve discovered a fabulous and free tool for listening to articles in an effort to feed myself positive information during my down time. It’s called SoundGecko and it’s so simple and so powerful, it’s very exciting!
1. Copy the url of the article you want to save and listen to later.
2. Send the url to SoundGecko and they turn the article into a MP3 recording.
3. Listen to your articles on any device like your smartphone or your ipad. Listen to your articles in the car, on the train, at the gym or while cooking dinner.
The sound quality (very human) is pretty amazing for a text to mp3 transcription service such as this one, so I imagine that it won’t be free forever — but it is for now so enjoy!
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015