Q: I want to create a few short reports with my articles and eventually my first ebook. What is the best format for creating an ebook that I am going to distribute and sell?
A: The best format for distributing and selling reports, ebooks, etc. is to create them as a PDF document. PDF documents can be read on both PCs and MACs. Most people have the application to read PDF documents (Adobe Reader) already installed on their computers when they bought them. If people have an old computer – they can always download the free Adobe reader application from the web as easy as 1-2-3.
If you own a Mac, the easiest way to create PDF documents is by using the Pages application (part of iWork). All you have to do is “export” your document as a PDF file. I save mine right on my desktop or in the appropriate file folder and upload it to my site when I’m ready to distribute or sell it.
If you own a PC, you can do this same sort of thing with Microsoft Word by clicking on “save as” and choosing PDF.
If you want some advanced options when creating your PDF document, it may be best to create it in Adobe Acrobat – the original and most popular PDF application. It’s pricey though.
If you don’t want to invest into any new software like the ones I just mentioned, and you are on a PC, there is a great free PDF creator that comes highly recommended. It’s called PrimoPDF. Now while I haven’t used it myself, because I am a Mac girl, I have heard really great things about it. So it probably would be worth a try – especially since it is free.
- Upload the Zen Cart .zip file to your web server | kerrinhardy.com
- Show Hidden Vista Files And Folders. « Internet Fixes Vista & Windows 7 Tips
- Convert Multiple Images into PDF « Free Download Soft
- Simpo PDF Creator v2.0 | WebFeeder
- I want to turn my old computer into a web server. What security issues are there? | Niche Cash Secrets
- Document Converter Express : Free Online PDF Converter and Create PDF | Help Web Designers
- File Folder labels for Openoffice.org Writer | Worldlabel Blog