It is a known fact that any business owner has to have a certain amount of credibility in order to begin to instill trust in potential prospects. The problem is that when you are a solopreneur, mompreneur, or other type of small business, you have a lot of competitors who already have a big head start on the credibility factor. So what’s an entrepreneur to do?
Well, I’m about to show you how to boost your credibility and build your business quickly by using business article marketing on a regular and consistent basis. It’s easier then you think. Welcome to business article marketing…
1. Every business should have a blog. The days of deciding whether or not to have a blog or just a 5 page site are over. The bottom line is that search engines love fresh content, and nobody delivers that better then a blog format — especially a WordPress blog. This is an essential element of business article marketing.
2. Every business should create a blog writing schedule and stick to it. This is the most labor intensive part of effective business article marketing, I promise! But it’s well worth it. Whether you decide to write 3 days a week, every other day, or everyday — the key is to find the right writing schedule for you (or whoever writes your content) and stick to it. The search engine spiders love it when they can expect you to publish articles. That way they make sure they are their to come gobble it up and show it in search engine results.
3. Every business article marketer should write articles on the blog that can help visitors to your site and potential prospects solve a problem. If you want to start building a fan base and therefore boost your credibility in your marketplace, you have to be seen as a source of information. As a trusted expert.
4. Every business owner needs to deliver these info-packed articles on a regular basis to people who join your list. This a really crucial part of business article marketing, because while many people will stop by and visit your site based on a search or a referral – they may not come by to read your articles every time you publish. That’s why they join your list. Email marketing is still alive and well. It is free and one of the most direct forms of reaching people interested in what you do.
It would be best if you used this to your advantage, by combining the power of articles AND email marketing by creating an Automatic Article Ezine. An automatic article ezine is an electronic newsletter that contains several of your blog articles and is sent to your subscribers on a regular basis. I send mine out weekly. It can be customized with your header, colors, advertisements, text, etc. but the articles will be automatically pulled from whatever articles you have published on your blog via your RSS feed.
The fantastic thing about an Automatic Article Ezine is that it only has to be set up once and then it automatically sends your newest articles to subscribers as often as you like. Set it up once and forget it! This is a virtually untapped strategy by most people (your competitors) using business article marketing.
The fact that you are sending topic-based articles to your subscribers on a regular basis goes a very long way towards building credibility in your market. Deliver on time and often – and you are seen as an expert source. Deliver randomly and sparsely — and you will look like an amateur.
In the next article in this series, I will show you exactly how you can build your own automatic article ezine and put your business on blast! Make sure you subscribe (right hand corner) so you don’t miss the next article.
Latest posts by Lisa Angelettie (see all)
- Back Matter 101: How To Add Killer Call To Actions To Your Books - August 3, 2015
- Shelfari Is No Longer An Option In Author Central - July 28, 2015
- What Are The Most Well-Read Cities In America? - June 2, 2015